Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today I Turn 30

Today I turn 30. For some reason, this has become a source of stress for me. Maybe it's because it's really the end of extended adolescence. The beginning of real adulthood. This shouldn't be an issue for me. I've been financially independent (well mostly) for ten years. I've been married for eight years. I have a five year old, and two more besides that.

So, in honor of this momentous occasion, and inspired by my friend Sandy, I have decided to spend the year discovering new things. Now, unlike Sandy, I won't be attempting to try a new thing everyday, but I will attempt to be more introspective. I have set a goal for myself that I will blog daily, and try to find one thing each day that is a new to me concept or way of looking at something. Tonight, at the end of the day, I will be posting my first entry into the year of introspection. I'm not promising any huge breakthroughs or earth shattering ideas, but who knows? We all might learn something from this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like it. At 31, I have missed my year of introspection, but I had my hands full with a new baby. I will look forward to your thoughts and maybe I will try to blog more too.