Thursday, August 28, 2008

Slackerism and Wacky Weather

So I already skipped a day in my one blog a day. We'll blame my tendencies toward slackerism for that one. Yep, I'm a slacker. I blame the school system. School was always easy for me (I have a pretty unique learning style by the way, if I hear something, I generally learn it, which allowed me to work on the crossword during lecture rather than taking notes), so I never built up good study habits. This can be a problem in real life, because it's pretty easy for me to just get by.



Now, onto Wacky Weather. Arizona has two seasons, hot and not hot. The hot is sometimes interrupted with the monsoon. Lots of wind, some rain, lots of lightening. It can be fun. Right now, on the East side of the Valley, there's a pretty wicked storm going on. On the West side, not so much. The lightening isn't so fun anymore though. My Dad had the brilliant idea to tell my kids this summer that lightening can kill you. Now, they have mini panic attacks, even during heat lightening storms. My father told them that lightening will kill you by cooking you, and your brains fall out of your head. Thanks Dad. The lesson learned? Guys will make thoughtless parenting decisions even as grandparents. A Mom or a grandmother would never tell a child that lightening will cook you and make your brains fall out of your head (even if it is true), but a guy would totally do that, in a heartbeat.

No comments: