Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Hate Ketchup

I hate ketchup. I hate the way it smells. I hate the way it looks. I really hate when it starts to get dried out and sticks to the top of the jar, or to a plate. In my opinion, there are only two acceptable uses for ketchup. First, you can use ketchup on scrambled eggs. Just a little, just as a dipping sauce. The second use is in conjunction with mustard on a hamburger or cheeseburger. Unfortunately, I have children. Said children believe ketchup should be used on everything. Hot dogs. Chicken. French fries. When they eat ketchup it gets everywhere. The whole table is covered with a thin film of the stuff. I then need to come through with a scouring pad and scrub it up. Not only that, but the flies love the stuff. We have a lot of flies in Arizona, and a lot in our house, since the kids don’t know how to shut the door behind them when they go outside.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am a fan of ketchup in certain circumstances. I hate it with fries. If stuff, fine, but I don't want to get this giant bite of ketchup.

Unknown said...

I have not decided yet about a love or hate of ketchup. I do have to say that Caden ate it with a fork this weekend. He didn't dip his food in it, just his fork. He did it at lunch and dinner. I guess when you are 2, using a fork to eat ketchup is cool!

Kara said...

My kids also eat it with spoons. I want to throw up when I see them do that. Sometimes I have to leave the room.

Bridge said...

Cece loved ketchup when she was little. Sadie would use it as a reward system. "If you have five bites without ketchup, then I'll give you some after that."
Here's my thing: Bridget's Special Hangover Cure Sauce - part ketchup, part mayo, hot sauce, salt and lots of pepper. Dip fries and grilled cheese in it. It's v. g.
I don't like it on eggs at all. Kara, that's what Jim would call "Communist" - ketchup in eggs.
Oh crap, one more thing, when I used to eat meatloaf, I liked it baked on the top of that, too.
Why do I have too much to say about ketchup? WTF?

Sandy said...

I, much like your girls, believe ketchup should be used at almost all times.