Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Simple Things for Simple People

Kids are able to find utmost joy in the simple things in life, and we totally lose that when we hit teenagerhood. My oldest came home from school today and was so excited, because on Friday, she can wear whatever she wants, so long as she donates $1 to the school fund. This is a big deal for her, as she's in a uniform school, and pink is not part of the school uniform. She was pissed when I told her that she couldn't wear pink, or dresses for that matter. So, on Friday, she will be wearing either a pink Hannah Montana shirt or a pink butterfly dress. I'm sure it will all come down to her mood on that day. I wish I could be able to get that excited over something as simple as wearing a favorite shirt to school (or work).

No comments: