Wednesday, July 28, 2010

When I'm Old

Most people, when they think of retirement, seem to want to move away from it all. To live in a more country setting, with lots of land. My husband and I however, have the opposite view. We fully plan on selling the "big house" at a time in the future, and going to live in a small 2 bedroom condo in an urban center- Providence currently has an appeal, because of size and cost. We'll abuse our Seniors discounts at city locations, shop daily for our meals, and harangue the poor pharmacist at CVS when she doesn't fill our prescriptions fast enough for our liking. It will be a glorious time. Maybe because I grew up on a quasi-farm in suburbia that I just don't understand the appeal of lots of land. Lots of land is lots of work. I want someone else to take care of the outside of my building. I don't want to rake leaves, shovel snow or clean gutters. I don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere. I want to be in a city where there are places to go, and people to be around.

1 comment:

corazon said...

gbu

https://www.hartacod.com merupakan situs situs poker online , judi poker online, agen poker online terpercaya di Indonesia yang ada di Indonesia pada saat ini.