Saturday, September 19, 2009

Robbery at our Home

Our home was broken into yesterday, 09/18/2009, between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. The front door was kicked open and a 52" Mitsubishi TV was taken from the back family room. The police were called, we have a police report. We also had all of the paperwork for the TV, so we were able to provide them with the serial number for the TV. We know the exact time, because my husband, had been home all day sick. The only time he left was to go pick our daughter up at Desert Meadow's after-school program and to get the mail. The door frame was completely shattered. Poor construction quality at our front door showed that the door frame in our house, at least on the lock side, wasn't screwed into anything. We expect there was more than one person who came into the house, because you would have needed two men to move the TV. I expect our home had been under watch for a few days now, and that they were only after the TV, because a laptop and a gaming system in the same roomwere not even touched.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! That is so scary. I can't believe they actually kicked in the door. I hope you guys are OK>

Devri said...

I am freakin' out for you!

scary!

Good thing no one was home, what a blessing, although it sounds as if that was the plan.

I will pray for your saftey..

Keri said...

Hope you, Frank and the girls are doing OK. I know that I'd be scared of a recurrence...while being pissed that someone had been in my house!