Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Single Momhood

I've been a crappy blogger this summer. Slacking off, not blogging, doing my own thing. It's because I've been childfree. I hate to say this, because it makes me sound horrible, but I've loved not having the kids this summer. I've been able to do what I want, when I want. At the risk of sounding self absorbed or selfish (which I am), I like my ME TIME. I don't get that enough when I'm home with the kids. Do you have any idea what it's like to be a single Mom to three kids? OK, sure, I'm married, but he's never around to help. He's home maybe one day a week, and a few hours in the mornings. I do all of the childcare by myself. It sucks. I feel for the real single Moms out there, because at least I have security of a 2nd income in the house, if not the emotional support of a 2nd parent in the house.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think that you should be spending time with your girls!

Did you ever get the prize from my giveaway?

Kristina P. said...

I still hope you're doing well!