Monday, February 16, 2009

Repost From older blog- Bad With Geography

From 08/06/2008
The embarrassing conversation I had with my husband last night, while watching the Red Sox and Royals game-
Me: "So the Royals play in Canada right?"
Frank: "No, Kansas City. There's only one team in Canada."
Me: "Expos"
Frank: "No, they're gone. Try again."
Me: "Canadians"
Frank: "That's hockey. It's the Toronto Blue Jays"
Me: "I thought they were from upstate New York. Isn't Toronto by Buffalo or something?"
Frank: "How can you be a college graduate and not know that Toronto is in Canada?"
…………………10 Minutes Pass……………………………………………..
Me: "I looked up Toronto online, and it is by New York. It's a legitimate mistake to make."
Frank: "Yes, it's close to New York, but its still in CANADA." (at this point, he's frustrated with me and stops talking to me)

No comments: